Mason and Eric woke up this morning, ate breakfast, put on their cloths, brushed their teeth and were SO excited to get there pictures taken. Mason lead Eric through every minute of our morning routine – the cutest thing he did this morning was say.... “Eric don't forget to put your dede (blanket) in your bag so you know where it's at.” The tears started filling up at that point!
Once we got to the school Mason was running to the door & Eric was holding my hand as tight as he could (for those of you who know Eric, he is usually the one running and doesn't want to take a hand). Both boys got their name tag, Mason gave me a hug/kiss and went right off to his room, Eric took Mrs. Carson’s hand and his lip was quivering the whole time he was trying SO HARD to hold back his tears. It took all I had not to pick him up and take him back home with me. I am so excited and proud of my two little boys.
Before Eric went off to his room the teacher had Eric hand me something before I left (I had gotten something similar last year with Mason, so I thought nothing of it)....when I returned to the van I read the “same gift” that the preschool teachers had prepared for all the parents when we dropped of our children at school for the first time. It read:
“Dearest Preschool Parents,
Here is a little “gift” for you as you leave your precious one with us on the first day of school. As you hold this cotton ball in your hand, the softness will help you to remember the gentle spirit of your child. After you've gone home and dried your tears, make yourself a hot cup of tea, put your feet up and relax. Remember that together we will work for your child to be the best they can be.
Thank you for entrusting your child to us for the coming school year. We will do our very best every day to be your child's guide in learning and exploring this bright, new world they've just stepped into.”
AGAIN...sitting in the van I cried all the way home.
When I picked the boys up Mason couldn't stop talking.. “Mommy, I told everyone where to put their trash, we colored, traced our hands, played with puzzles, had a snack.....” I couldn't even fit a word in. Once Mason was done I asked Eric how he like preschool and he said... “I peed in the potty” I asked if he wanted to go back and he said... “Pretty sure....No”


1 comment:
I have tears after reading this! Alivia's first day is Thursday. I'm not ready either. Enjoy your quiet time. :)
Post a Comment